This document will describe how to set the shipping packages for your store and how to relate them to your items. The process requires several steps to properly set the shipping packages and assign it to the shipping provider.
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Configure the Shipping packages.
Configuring Options for Shipping Provider #
Package Options #
- Go to Settings.
- Click Shipping Packages.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter the details (Refer table 1).
- Click Save to save the details.
- Click the Edit link under the Packages column.
- Click the Add button. In the add Shipping Package page, add the details (Refer table 2).
|Courier Code||Select a courier (Flat Rate Shipping, UPS Courier, USPS Courier, Canada Post Courier, FedEx Courier, Third Party Freight, Custom Web Service).|
|Package Name||Enter a name for the package settings.|
|Package Type||Choose an option between solid, alterable or quantity group|
• Solid: The size of the package is the one considered for shipping, not the size of the item.
• Alterable: The size of the item is the one considered for the shipping. For example, if the item has measurements of 2 x 2 x 2, but the package size is 20 x 20 x 20, the system will use 2 x 2 x 2 as the package size.
|Quantity Group||The quantity of items is taken into consideration. Suppose you have 31 items to be shipped and the limit for one box is 30, You can set up 2 quantity based packages. One being the standard box that could hold 30 of your items and the second box (Remainder box) to hold the 31st item.|
• Dim Unit: Select the unit (inches or centimetres).
• Max Length: Set the maximum length for the package.
• Max Width: Set the maximum width for the package.
• Max Height: Set the maximum height for the package.
• Weight Unit: Select the measurement unit for the weight (Pounds, Kilograms, Ounces or Grams).
• Max Weight: Set the maximum weight the package can handle.
• Available: Check this box to make this package settings available. If this is the only package setting set as available, it will be used as the default.
|Courier package||Select the courier package option from the list. The package you set up above should display here.|
|Max Items for One Package||Enter the maximum quantity of items that will be shipped in one package.|
|Available||Check if you want this option to be available in other shipping options.|
|Default||Check if you want this option to be the default one among other package settings.|
|Category Name||Select a category from the drop down to specify the options for items belonging to this category.|
|Property Name of Item||The item property that will be ruled by these settings|
|Property Value of Item||The value of the chosen property. For example, if you choose “Dimensions”, the value of it could be 10 x 10 x 10.|
Note: If you do not define any package settings for the shipping provider, the system will create the default package characteristics: Size: 20 x 20 x 20 and Weight: 150 lb.