This document provides all the necessary steps to view all the products in the supplier store, create/edit products and update their images.
The supplier store could have multiple product types which are created with different characteristics and properties. They can have multiple descriptions, prices, and images. The prices may vary according to specified rules, multiple sizes, colors, and other unique attributes that can be part of a single product or a group product.
Increase the searchability of the product by adding collections, tags, brands, etc. Set start dates and end dates for the products to be available at the store, update inventory and create sales or discounts on any product in the store.
All these features will be detailed and explained step by step throughout this document.
Manage Products #
Adding and updating products is a fundamental step in setting up your supplier store.
The Manage Products page is located under Catalog > Products .
The Manage Products page will open in the same window. On this page, all previously created items are displayed in a table as well as multiple action buttons and a search bar section:
Note: To have access to this page you have to log in to the admin panel using credentials with supplier, MCW, or Marketplace role. In case this page is not available for you after logging in, contact the system administrator.
Products Table: #
- Checkbox: To the left of each item title, there is a checkbox used to select the item. Selecting multiple products allows applying an action to all selected items at once. The possible actions are covered in detail in this document.
- Image: Main Image of the product will be displayed on the product description page and visible to every customer on the marketplace.
- Title: Title given to the item, such as the name of a book, TV model, etc.
- Product Code: Product Code is given to the item. This is a unique identifier and it is used for the internal use of the supplier, 2 products cannot have the same Item Code.
- Last Modified: Displays the date and time of the last changes made to the item.
- Inventory: Available quantity of the product in the marketplace
- Entity type: Describes the type of product and the information the product will have. There are many different entity types and they vary per marketplace. Some of the most used are:
- Default: This product type is the most basic one. Just basic information about the product is needed to create it. Such as Product code, title, short description, description, categories, shipping/pickup, setting, categorization, and pricing.
- Auction: This type of product is used for an Auction event, additional information about the auction and the sponsor will be required to create the product.
- Coupon: Information about the coupon code and validity will be required to create this product.
- Note: The product type can be enabled by the marketplace administration. If you need one specific entity type enabled for your store, please contact the marketplace admin.
- Price: Displays all price records for the product on the Manage Prices page
- Product Status: Is based on the workflow state and shows the status the product is in, this helps for organizing which products are where and what status they are in.
- Draft: Used when the product is new and it is still being prepared. Some information about the product might be missing and it is not ready to be published.
- Published: This status can be used when the product’s data (such as the descriptions and options) have been approved and it is ready to be copied to the marketplace. Setting the products to a ‘Published’ status will update and supply the MCW store.
- Remove from Marketplace: Use this status to remove the product from the marketplace without the need of deleting the product. That way the product can remain in the supplier store but be disabled from the marketplace to use in the future.
- Validation Errors Found: Use this status code to automatically flag an item if there are errors such as missing titles, descriptions, page titles, images, or prices set to 0. It is recommended that each item is validated at least once before making it live. If there is an issue when the product is copied to the MCW store, the status will change from published to validation errors found.
- Edit Action: Use this icon to open the Edit product page and edit/update the product’s main image, price, description, inventory, etc.
Input title/Product Code to search
Product Status #
There are draft, published, validation error found, removed from marketplace
You can click it to switch to different status. For example, from Validation Error to Draft
Update All Status #
It’s faster to update all status at once.
Click Update all status button
Choose one status
Choose another status
Click update all status