The header of a website is a section of the page that usually appears at the top, and contains the logo, navigation menu, and other important elements. The header is often the first thing that users see when they visit a website, and it is an important part of the site’s design and layout.
The footer of a website is a section of the page that usually appears at the bottom, and contains information such as the copyright notice, contact information, and links to legal documents. The footer is an important part of the site’s design and layout, as it provides users with important information and helps them navigate the site.
There are several ways to change the header in WordPress:
- Using the Customize feature:
- Go to the WordPress dashboard
- Click on “Appearance” and then “Customize”
- In the Customizer, click on the “Header” option
- You will see options for changing the header image, header text, and header background color
- Make your changes and click on “Save & Publish” to apply them
- Using a plugin:
- There are many WordPress plugins that allow you to customize the header, such as Header Footer Code Manager, Head, Footer and Post Injections, or Insert Headers and Footers
- Install and activate the plugin you want to use
- Follow the plugin’s instructions to add custom content to the header
- Editing the theme files:
This method is more advanced and requires some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Go to the WordPress dashboard and click on “Appearance” and then “Editor”
- On the right side of the screen, you will see a list of theme files
- Look for the file that controls the header, usually called “header.php”
- Click on the file to edit it
- You can change the content of the header by adding or modifying the HTML code
- Click on “Update File” to save your changes
- It is recommended to create a child theme and make your changes there, so that your customizations are not lost when the theme is updated.
Customize feature Visual Instructions #
To change header and footer click on Appearance > Customize:
On this page you will see Header and Footer menus:
You can add different element to the header by simply dragging them into header:
By clicking on individual element you can change its parameters:
The header and footer of a website is important parts of the site’s layout and branding, and they should be designed to be visually appealing and easy to use. They should also be responsive, so that they look good on different devices and screen sizes.